About Your Procedure – General Anesthesia
Welcome! We are pleased you have chosen Southeastern Surgery Center. The staff serving you is professionally trained to provide compassionate, quality care at the lowest possible cost.
Upon your arrival at Southeastern Surgery Center, please report to the reception desk located in the lobby. Following your registration, you will be escorted to the patient care area where a nurse will assist you in preparing for your procedure.
We encourage you to ask questions and let the staff know about any special needs you may have. We want your visit to be as comfortable as possible.
Prior To Your Visit
- It is important that you arrive promptly at Southeastern Surgery Center at the time stated.
- Please bring a list of all current medications and allergies with you for every visit at Southeastern Surgery Center – even if you think we have it.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT unless your physician instructs you differently.
- If you smoke do not do so after midnight.
- Notify your doctor if you have any signs of cold/flu or infection before the date of your procedure.
- Consent for your procedure must be signed before any medication can be given and before the procedure may start.
- A responsible adult, licensed to operate a motor vehicle must accompany the patient to the facility, and be present when the patient is ready to leave.
- Please limit the number of relatives and friends accompanying you. Maximum: 2.
- Valuables should be left at home. If contacts are worn, please bring a case for safekeeping.
- Casual, comfortable clothing should be worn.
- Patients should remove all nail polish and all make-up. Male patients should shave in normal fashion in the morning.
Post Procedure Reminders
Here are a few general rules to supplement the instructions received from your doctor. Your surgeon will authorize your discharge from Southeastern Surgery Center.
- Follow the doctor's instructions regarding diet, rest and medication.
- It is not unusual to feel dizzy and sleepy after a procedure.
- Patients are advised not to drive, make important decisions or sign important papers for at least 24 hours following a procedure.
- Our staff will periodically call to check on your progress.
- In the event of any difficulty, you should attempt to reach your doctor.
- If you are unable to reach your doctor, you may call Southeastern Surgery Center, Monday–Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you have a true emergency, please go to the local hospital emergency room.
- The itemized bill from Southeastern Surgery Center will be an easy-to-understand, all-inclusive bill for our services and facilities. It does not include fees for your surgeon, consulting physician, anesthesiologist and any lab or pathology testing that is necessary.
- If you have any questions about payment, please do not hesitate to call Southeastern Surgery Center.
Our staff will call the day before between 2–4 p.m. and give you your arrival times. Please call 878-9992 if you have any questions.
*Please note that surgery times are APPROXIMATE and subject to change.
You will receive at least two bills for this procedure:
- Physician Charge – Southeastern Urological Center, P.A.
- Facility Charge – Southeastern Surgery Center
You may receive up to three additional bills for this procedure:
- Anesthesia Charge – Anesthesiology Associates, P.A.
- Pathology Charge – Pathology Associates, P.A.
- Laboratory Charge – Lab Corp or Quest Laboratories
If you have any questions, please call our Financial Counselor at 850-878-9992.