No Anesthsia Discharge Instructions
Cystoscopy / UDS
- Following your procedure it is normal to experience increased urgency, frequency, and burning for up to 24 hours.
- You may have mild bleeding with urination during this time as well.
- You may return to normal activities today.
- Increase fluid intake.
- Decrease physical activity for at least 3 days, no strenuous activity for 7-10 days (i.e. Jogging, heavy lifting etc.)
- Continue contraceptive measures until you are cleared to do otherwise by your physician.
- Abstain from sexual activity for I week after your procedure
- Do not shower for 24 hours following your procedure.
- Wear your scrotal (athletic) supporter for up to I week.
- Apply ice packs to your scrotal area during waking hours on the day of your procedure, 15-minutes every hour minimum.
- Sutures will dissolve on their own in 5-7 days.
- You may take Tylenol, Advil, or prescribed pain medications as directed.
- Bring a semen specimen with you to your first follow up appointment. This should he collected within 3 hours of the appointment.
Prostate Ultrasound and Biopsy
- No strenuous activity for 24 hours.
- Abstain from sexual activity for 24 hours.
- Do not strain to move your bowels for 24 hours.
- You can expect to see blood:
- In your urine for a couple of days.
- In your stool with your first bowel movement.
- In your semen/ejaculate for 4-6 weeks.
- Increase your fluid intake.
- Take antibiotics as directed.
When to call us:
850-201-0505 if after 5P MON-FRI
850-309-0400 if during normal office hours MON-FRI 8:30A - 5P
- Inability to urinate.
- Passing large amounts of blood.
- Fever exceeding 101.
- Yellow drainage from incision site.
- If your pain is not relieved by medication.